Avoid Using Constraints with SPS
When setting up raliv DPS by hand, using parent constraints to move a single socket around may be helpful to ensure only one is enabled at a time (enabling more than that one can cause some very unusual issues!).
So why not do this with SPS?
- Constraints introduce massive amounts of jitter to contacts due to a vrchat bug. This causes unexpected variations in depth animations and haptics.
- Deactivated lights have no impact on render performance. It's not bad to have extra lights that are off.
- A single socket uses 2 lights, which already marks your vrchat avatar as "Very Poor." Additional lights won't make your performance rank any worse.
- Parent constraints are very slightly less performant than placing objects directly on their parent bone.
- Re-using one socket prevents all SPS menu features from working, such as Auto mode, Dual mode, etc.
- Re-used sockets cannot have separate animations.
- OGB is unable to detect which specific haptics to activate if a socket is re-used since they all share the same parameter name.
- When socket light and contact installation is automated by VRCFury, it already ensures only one can be active at a time.
To put it simply: DON'T MIX SPS WITH CONSTRAINTS